Monday 9 June 2008

Thank you

A few days have passed and we should all be fit and well by now.
The time is right, I think, to says a little something about our team.
First Barry and Guy:
I am immensely grateful for their friendship and support. 
This has been a real team event starting with training over the winter, our wonderful "calm" team suppers, the planning meetings and the magnificent work in organising the trip and puling in the sponsors. 
Pat, Lucinda, Hazel, Suzanne and all of Jodie's family and friends have been simply wonderful. 
It is the sponsorship and the difference it will make which makes it all worthwhile.
but it's the love and care of our families that made it all possible.
The trek will never be forgotten, the people, the smells, the sights, the sounds, the magnificence of the mountains, the bizarre and fascinating world of Base Camp, the never ending exhaustion of the run its self.
The rest of the "foreign" runners, our wider team, all different, but all with the same view of the world; it's here to be relished, to be swallowed whole, any-thing's possible and it's worth giving it a go.
Finally Jodie, real bravery, grit, and a joy in life it's self. 
This was no walk in the park, there were real risks, 3 people including one Sherpa had to descend because of Pulmonary Oedema and all of us experienced AMS to different extents.
Jodie is a fitting Ambassador for others who live with Cystic Fibrosis and she's a delight to know and I'm proud to call her my friend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear me I got emotional there and I can't blame it on hypoxia!

I've never thought of myself as any kind of ambassador for CF, but I hope I have inspired PWCF who can do these challenges to do so. Indeed I hope anyone who loves life to go see it all!

To my ever growing extended family and friends, thank you!

Love Jodie

9 June 2008 at 23:46  
Blogger Lucinda said...

Stephen you have summed the whole experience up perfectly. You have been a great team leader and an inspiration to us all - does anyone ever say 'NO' to you!!

We have great new friendships - and are so proud of all the team's acheivements. We will also be forever grateful for the amount that has been raised by you all for the CF Trust. I was at the Trust's HQ the other day and they were all congratulating the team on the acheivements and I am sure the monies will be put to extremely good use not only to help the gene therepy trials but also to help CF teams in particular in the north east with any aid they require.

And yes we will miss the team meetings but hopefully we can still have the odd one or two!!

Lots of love
Lucinda, Guy Dylan and Ellaxxx

15 June 2008 at 21:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home